[Scribus] Questions

Petr Vaněk petr.vanek
Wed Jul 30 12:58:00 CEST 2003

Dne st 30. ?ervence 2003 12:49 Kobus Wolvaardt napsal(a):
> Do you the programmers/users of scribus think it is usable to lay out a
> 40 to 48 page A3 sized newspaper?

One question should be answered - what kind of newspaper? "Classic" magazine
with various photos etc. or something like "technical"?
First case can handle Scribus and in the second one I use (La)TeX with "write
skeleton once, content change every week" philosphy...

http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/index.html

> If we are going to use it we'll translate it to Afrikaans my mother
> tongue and also need to add Afrikaans hyphenations (we have an
> algorithm[we'll actually we have a neural net]). Is this adding

wow... kohonen should onquer the world (one day). I know that the hyphenation
is based on TeX hyphen files (exactly - I did the Czech hyphs from TeX
source).

> N.S. We want to publish the first paper at the end of September (8
> weeks)

And what about download Scribus, install it and try it in e.g. two-three days
to make decission?

--
Petr Vanek --------------
petr.vanek [at] ika [dot] cz