[Scribus] Crash with scribus 1.0

David Rodríguez García darodgar
Wed Jul 30 18:33:51 CEST 2003

Hello

Scribus continues crashing with the static gcc-3.3 version. It is more stable
that with gcc-2.95, but making many cuts, the segfault happened again.

As before, when scribus segfault, the system remain in a state where a new
instance of scribus crash faster. After reboot, the state becomes normal.

Making a text box, typing text fastly (more than redraw, making it slow), and
then cut text with contextual menu several times, generaly become in a
segfault in Page::EmitValues.
Making it in a remote X session, makes the segfault become easier.

Also I have compiled with gcc-3.3 and qt-3.2. With that combination the crash
happens more times that with qt-3.1.2.

I have not revised the source code and I would like to do it, but since for
the 1.1 version, parts of the code will be rewrited, I don't know if that
problem will be affected. Therefore, I'm not sure if try to modify something
in the code (if it is that I clarify myself with :-))

Ciao

--
David Rodr?guez Garc?a