[Scribus] configure error in archlinux

Erik Inge Bolsø knan
Wed Jul 30 12:17:42 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, PFJ wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 12:03, Ido van Verseveld wrote:
>> ./configure in scribus-1.0
>> checking if Qt needs -ljpeg... no
>> configure: error: conditional "AMDEP" was never defined.
>> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
>
>Which version of automake and autoconf are you using?
>
>It is recommended that you're using automake 1.6.3 (or thereabouts) and
>autoconf 2.57

(Haven't kept up with developments in autoconf/automake since 2.13/1.4,
really, but nevertheless)

Uhm, unless he is regenerating ./configure, he shouldn't need autoconf and
automake at all? Or is it a KDE/Scribus weirdness so that configure
and/or make generates new ./configure files?

See here, for example.
http://www.htdig.org/htdig-dev/1999/07/0095.html

On the other hand, I definitely can't find a configure bug in
scribus-1.0 off-hand either, so...

--
Erik I. Bols? | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to