[Scribus] let's resume...

Steve Herrick steveh
Wed Jul 30 02:39:51 CEST 2003

Paul wrote:

> UI : There has been much debate on here over the UI. Personally, I'd
> like to include the extra colours script (which was posted on here) and
> revisit the font interface. Others would like a dockable bar.
> Personally, I can't stand them and rather have things fixed at the
> top...

Hmm. Maybe I should get people's reaction to my ideas, then, before I
put any more time into them.

I'm thinking of a complete overhaul, which would move a lot of
functionality into (more useful) context-sensitive menus. Settings that
can be or must be set manually would largely be found in dialog boxes.
Those of you who are thinking this sounds a lot like the GIMP are right.

I plan to do a full, detailed write-up of my ideas. My hope is not that
they will be implemented intact, but rather that some of the better
parts will find their way into the interface over the next several
versions. If everyone hates them, I'll go back to the drawing board.

--
Steve
==