[Scribus] eps and pdf picturs are "missing"

Craig Ringer craig
Fri Jul 18 11:39:40 CEST 2003

>>>	I am new to Scribus but have been waiting eagerly for the 1.0 release. I
>>>have just complied scribus on my SuSE 8.2 box and it seems to run fine.
>>>One problem I have is that I cannot get .eps or .pdf files to display in
>>>a picture box on screen or print.

>>There is currently no importer for eps or pdf files. PDF is a pain to
>>import (not impossible, but very difficult) and eps is one of those
>>formats that no-one can decide on what should be in it.

> So are you saying that despite the documentation there is no way to get an eps
> picture into a scribus document? They are Adobe illustrator eps files.

I think you'll find he just missed your mention of a picture box and
assumed you meant that you were trying to import an EPS or PDF (to
result in a Scribus document) rather than place one on a document.

I've placed EPSs with no problems.

Craig Ringer