[Scribus] limited default colors, adopted openoffice palette

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Jul 17 05:05:10 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 05:08, Andreas Plesch wrote:
> I am on of those who tried scribus the first time today after it was
> mentioned on /. The compile on my RH7.3 went flawless and I played a
> bit. I rather like it and may use it to produce nice pdfs at some point,
> perhaps for large format posters.
>
> One minor limitation I noticed is the limited choice of default colors.
> I could not find a richer palette within the provided source, so I
> decided to adopt the OpenOffice standard color palette. The color tags
> in the Openoffice format are very similar to the scribus tags, so it was
> rather straightforward to produce a scribus document file from which
> colors can be appended to the default color palette. See below. Just
> paste into a file (colors.sla) and append to the colors in your scribus
> document. Perhaps an example color file like this could be added to the
> distribution.

Brilliant idea and it works perfectly with the append function. I will
certainly add this to the next doc package release. This will be doubly
nice when Open Office imports are added in the future.

Thanks and regards,

Peter