[Scribus] Alternate Linux for Scribus, was: Attn : Mandrake 9.1 and Slackware 9 users

Linus Gasser ineiti
Fri Jul 11 14:48:16 CEST 2003

On Vendredi, 11 Juillet 2003 14.03, John Culleton wrote:
> I have an extra partition that I can set up as my Scribus partition until
> the dust settles on Qt & Linux. It means rebooting when I want to play with
> Scribus but I can live with that over the short term.

Hi,
during some time I had a debian/stable and debian/unstable on the same system,
the debian/unstable being on it's own partition. Whenever I wanted to do
something with the debian/unstable, I only had to

chroot /mnt/unstable /bin/bash
mount /proc

and I was OK. IIRC I had a KDE3.1 on unstable and KDE 3.0.5 on stable. And
different versions of Qt, too. So, I don't think you need to dual-boot ;)

Ineiti

--
Linus Gasser