[Scribus] feature requests - and is there a tracker?

Robert Kaiser KaiRo
Thu Jul 10 00:08:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

After working some time with Scribus - and I have to state I really like
it - I found three things that I may consider useful:
1) Tabulator support
2) Support for (un)ordered lists
3) Better handling of line height/spacing

In brochures, you often have lists, and support for something like that
would be really nice there, and for better placing of things the tab
support would help a lot as well.
Additionally, I couldn't get different line heights for different lines
within one text field to work. At least, it would be nice if a line
would always scale its height according to the highest character in the
line, or to some font size. Having a line with 24pt font inside an
article with 10pt font size can be a pain sometimes with the current
implementation. Additionally, It's hard if you want to have e.g. a 6pt
empty space between two lines (so you don't have a real blank line but
also not just a simple unspaced newline). It would be nice to have
something like paragraph spacing in word processing apps.

An additional question came up when thinking about all that: Is there
some feature / bug tracker for Scribus? E.g. a Bugzilla installation
(like it's known from KDE, Mozilla and many other projects) could help
managing bug reports and feature requests, I believe (see
<http://www.bugzilla.org/> - I evfen installed this thing once, you just
need Perl and MySQL, an Apache Webserver is helpful as well)...

Greetings and thanks for your work,

Robert Kaiser