[Scribus] passepartout

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Fri Jul 11 05:45:29 CEST 2003

hi,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:56:19 -0700
Bart Alberti <bart at solozone.com> wrote:

> It was because of gtkmm2 that I stopped. They ask for libxml++ for
> xmlproc from www.xml.org and oddly redlands to compile yet another
> gopher tar ball. I DID get through these but the gtkmm stopped me
> cold. I am NOT going to disarrange my gtkmm1.2 which is stable.
>
> If anyone can get through that I think the program WILL compile if one
> patiently ! :-( works through the required libraries (many!). The
> readme states them and the ./configure will tell what is needed
>
>  Good luck!
>
> PS Their site seems to say you don't really write in the program but
> one imports text and graphics etc. Hmm....

on an mdk9.1 system, i kept my old gtkmm1.2, installed gtkmm2.2.3,
libsigc++1.2.5 and libxml++0.24 and passepartout compiles fine.

it is a different kind of approach to dtp. you create your text as an
xml file in any editor and and assign it an xslt stylesheet using the
text streams dialog. all text editing has to be done externally. see the
screenshot and apologies for the size.

regards, subash.