[Scribus] Final .pot File for Scribus

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Mon Jul 7 18:49:13 CEST 2003

Franz Schmid wrote:

> Maciej Hanski wrote:
>
>> "-  Menu File -> Export... -> Save Page as SVG... - in the Polish
>> version
>> of "Save Page as SVG..." a Polish character (egonek) is replaced by
>> question mark. Which makes me think, Scribus uses in this particular
>> case not the encoding from scribus.pl_PL.po, but from somewhere else
>> (see attachement)"
>>
>> I checked it once again with  today's cvs version (Build ID: 4. Juli
>> 2003, F-C-C-T) and with "--lang ru " and "--lang cs" options at that.
>> The result is similar to the Polish version (see the attached screen
>> shots) - our national diacritics are replaced by question marks.
>
> This is definitly a Qt issue, since the Menues are drawn by Qt. If Qt
> doesn't find a Glyph for a language it replaces it with the question
> mark. The only solution is to find a useable Default Font for your
> language and set this in Qt-Config or the KDE-Control panel.

I doubt very strongly it is a QT issue, because this phenomenon only
occurs in connection with SVG plugin messages, which you included into
the main application some days ago. All other Polish messages including
Polish glyphs are displayed correctly. Actually,  if you look at the
screen shots I'd attached to my previous mail, you'll see the same
Polish glyph (eogonek) displayed correctly two lines above the corrupt
message (in the Polish version of "Save Page as EPS" message). Please
also notice the Russian and Czech screen shots which make this problem
pretty obvious.

best regards / sch?ne Gr??e
Maciej