[Scribus] bus error starting scribus

Ralf Höling r.hoeling
Sun Jul 6 19:04:43 CEST 2003

Hello Paul!

>> now, what is my QTDIR-path?

Well, after removing any .login-file from my home directory fink told
my shell where qt is:
ralf# echo $QTDIR
/sw

> Pass. Have you asked on the Qt-interest mailing list which is run by
> Trolltech? I'm working off a limited knowledge of how OSX sets things
> up
> here.

I thank you very much for your effort, so I learned some lessons for
unix-beginners.
After all, qt is found but again I get

ralf# scribus
Bus error

and

ralf# g++ /Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp -o hello -O2
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:1:26: qapplication.h: No such file or
directory
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:2:21: qwidget.h: No such file or directory
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:3:25: qpushbutton.h: No such file or
directory
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:7: `QApplication' undeclared (first use this
    function)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:7: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
    for each function it appears in.)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:7: parse error before `(' token
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:8: `QWidget' undeclared (first use this
function)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:9: `mainwindow' undeclared (first use this
function)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:11: `QPushButton' undeclared (first use this
    function)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:11: parse error before `(' token
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:12: `helloworld' undeclared (first use this
    function)
/Users/ralf/helloworld.cpp:13: `a' undeclared (first use this function)

>> (Linux is difficult but why is Fink on MacOSX more difficult?)
>
> Linux is dead easy, pass on why fink should be difficult though.

I think it's like riding a bicycle, if you know how-to it's no problem
but I am a beginner.

Thanks again
Ralf