[Scribus] Segmentation fault

Patrick magicpage91
Sat Jul 5 14:03:21 CEST 2003

On 05 Jul 2003 07:13:00 +0200
DURAND DANIEL <daniel.durand12 at libertysurf.fr> wrote:

> I'm new participant in this list; I hope that this problem that there
> were no thread on this problem before :
> I installed Scribus on a Mandrake 9.1, All the compile process was
> good. When I want to launch Scribus, I get this message :
>
> "Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
> Segmentation fault"
>
> Have you some idea ?
> Thanks
>

> --
> Daniel DURAND
>
> ======================

Daniel,
This sounds like you compiled the source as root and when trying to
start in your user login, doesn't have permissions to the X display.
You can test this theory by using a shell/console and type scribus.
You'll probably get the error, so login the shell as root with "sux",
which gives the root access to the X display, and it should start up.

The only thing you do as root when compiling is the "make install" part,
all others, ./configure & make, are done as user only.  Recompile the
whole thing correctly and I'll bet your problem goes away.

Patrick
--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206