[Scribus] Text chains

Patrick magicpage91
Thu Jul 3 03:56:39 CEST 2003

New problem:  text chains across pages

I don't think this has been addressed before and if so, just disregard
my ramblings.  While working in landscape mode pages, created two equal
size text boxes on page.  Inserted some text in the first box, created
text chain to the second box, flowed smoothly continuing text from the
first.  Created second page, again two text boxes same size.  Tried
flowing text or creating text chain from second box to the third on the
new page, it would not work.  Tried again to create text chain, no
success.  Changed document view/setup to show facing pages, thinking it
might need to have both viewable at the same time to work.  Scribus
locked, cpu usage to 100% and had to kill the process.

I hope that is detailed enough for you guys to duplicate error.  One
thing I am a bit confused about is the way you have incorporated the
text flow and text chains.  From what I can tell, the text box you want
the text to flow from has to be the active box, while selecting the text
chain icon and clicking in the next box you want the text to flow.  Is
that correct?  I ask, because of the other programs I have used, it is
usually a matter of grabbing the text chain/flow tool, clicking in the
box/page that has your overflow of text, then clicking on the following
pages or boxes until all the text is visible.  Also, in other programs,
there were settings to create identical pages/boxes on pages
automatically when inserting text, until all the text was inserted, if
there is to be an overflow.

1-July-2003 build id and F-C-C-T and 1.0RC2 and SuSE 8.2 and qt3 3.1.2

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206