[Scribus] qt problem - work-around found

Magic Page magicpage91
Wed Jul 2 21:45:37 CEST 2003

Steve Herrick wrote:

> Patrick wrote:
>

>> You can also specify your directories in that shell, but this only works
>> in the shell you issue the commands in and only while that shell is
>> open.
>>
>> I do this as a normal part of compiling anymore;
>> export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3 (or wherever yours resides)
>> export KDEDIR=/opt/kde3
>>
>> These tell the configure and make where to look for these things.
>>
>> Patrick
>

> I know that now, but it took me five tries over five days to figure it
> out. Newbies (to Scribus, and especially to Linux) probably won't have
> that kind of patience.

======================

That's why we all subscribe to these mail lists Steve!  ;o)
We are here in varying degrees of knowledge, but always eager to help
no matter what level we are at!

I get a lot of info from the SuSE mail list of this sort as well, as it
provides
a very helpful form of support in using Linux.  Sometimes it's not so much
the answer as knowing what question to ask for the newbie, but usually
there is someone that will figure it out.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.2 Pro---
        Registered Linux User #225206