[Scribus] InDesign -> Scribus ?

Tristan Miller psychonaut
Tue Dec 30 21:15:50 CET 2003

Greetings.

I'm responsible for typesetting a newspaper, for which I have been using
Adobe InDesign 1.5 on MS-Windows. I normally work on a SuSE 9.0 system, so
at this point working on the newspaper is the only reason I ever reboot to
Windows.

I heard about Scribus and was wondering if some experienced users could
tell me whether it might be suitable to meet my needs. You can visit
http://www.nothingisreal.com/tmp/ to get an idea of the design complexity
of the newspaper I work on.??If?Scribus?can?make?similar-looking documents
without too much more hassle than InDesign 1.5, then I'm willing to devote
the time to learning it.??Comments?

Regards,
Tristan

--
   _
  _V.-o  Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]  ><  Space is limited