[Scribus] bugs...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Dec 8 22:17:26 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 20:58, Steve Herrick wrote:
> Hey, folks, I found a workaround for the bug mentioned a while back where the keyboard
> suddenly stops responding. Simply mouse on and then off the properties palette, and it
> should go back to working. At least it has for me.

Last night we tracked it down to happening only when you press delete
when its the last character in the text frame.. so for the moment, try
to avoid doing that. We hope to discuss this issue tonight

> There are two things that are not working for me, however. One is that I can't cut and
> paste images. Cutting simply deletes them.

Try sending to scrapbook, then bring it back into the page you want it
on. Cut and paste is something on the to do list.

> The second is that I reallt need a way to move existing text boxes from one page to
> another. My boss didn't like my story order in my newsletter, so now I have to spend *all
> day* cutting out the text (since it's newer than the text I originally imported) and pasting
> it back in.

If you text was done with linked frames.. then you would only have to
delete the secondary frames, and then recreate them where you want them.
Try that.. it does work and works well..

Craig