[Scribus] 1.1.3 bug

Wayne Maeda iw
Wed Dec 3 23:45:43 CET 2003

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 12:00 pm, Peter Linnell wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 21:31, Wayne Maeda wrote:
> > Just installed 1.1.3 and the same bug that was in previous versions is
> > still in 1.1.3. I refer to the "Snap to Grid/Guidelines" bug that
> > interferes with the alignment of objects within groups and selected
> > objects. As it is right now, moving multiple objects with the "Snap to
> > Grid" or "Snap to Guidelines" commands turned on is a crapshoot. Can
> > someone please verify that this bug exists?
> >
> > Here's how to test it.
> >
> > 1. Turn on either "Snap to Grid" and/or "Snap to Guidelines." If using
> > the guidelines, make sure to place a few guidelines on your page.
> > 2. Create a group of objects (squares, ovals, etc.) by either grouping
> > these objects or selecting them.
> > 3. Note the alignment between objects in the group.
> > 4. Move this group around, crossing over the guidelines if you have any.
>
> I've tested some of these issues and so far I cannot see them, but there
> is more testing to do.

Place some guidelines on the page. Make several passes across the guidelines
with the group, unclicking the mouse button between passes. You will see the
objects move in relation to each other. Make sure "Snap to Guidelines" is
enabled.

> > The alignment between objects in the group will change, sometimes only
> > slightly, but enough to affect your design.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Wayne
> >
> > This bug also affected imported SVG images in the past but so far, I
> > haven't been able to successfully use my import filter in this version.
>
> ? Where are the SVG files created? Please feel free to send me them for
> testing./inspection. Note if you are saving from Sodipodi or Inkscape,
> you should save as plain SVG.  I use SVG quite a bit in Scribus files,
> as they print and export into PDF very nicely.

I created the SVG files in Sodipodi (ver.0.32), saving them in both native
SodipodiSVG and plainSVG. They will not import into 1.1.3. All I see is a
little icon and a dotted outline that seem endless. When I place the icon, it
disappears and nothing happens. I'll keep trying.

Wayne