[Scribus] Setting styles within textbox

P Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Dec 2 17:11:36 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 11:44, Susan Hogarth wrote:
> Please forgive my questions as I am new not just to Scribus, but (fairly new)
> to DTP as well. I have worked with Framemaker a bit, but that's it.
>
> I need to set a text style within a textbox. I'm having trouble setting the
> justification - when I select 'center' for exmaple, it may center a few lines
> but not all the selected text. When I reselect the text and check, it is listed
> as 'left' justified. Help!
>
> Thanks!

First, get the latest 1.1.3. It has lots of fixes and enhancements to
text handling, including importing styles and page templates from other
docs.

Two, this version has a separate story editor, which will greatly ease
the type of text formatting. Within the story editor, you can create and
apply paragraph styles.

So for example, in your case, you would create a text style called
center with the font and alignment options you want. Then it is simply
choosing is the story editor, which paragraphs to apply this.

To open the story editor, choose a text frame > Right click > Edit
Text..

Peter