[Scribus] ANNOUNCE: New Scribus Website

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Dec 1 14:03:47 CET 2003

Hi Oli,

We are always glad to hear comments re the website.. positive or
negative.

IMHO, I think the simple thing to say re the 7 click rule.. is.. pfft.
http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=4058/nam1012431804/
http://www.uie.com/Articles/three_click_rule.htm

They were recently quoted on slashdot, basically both "rules" have been
debunked. People dont need to remember things.. thats why there ARE
links.

However.. much more importantly, to your opinion re the site. Hopefully
its ok for you. Any suggestions re improvements that we can do, we will
definitely try to do so.

The change was more about management of time than a need to change the
website. Spending a couple of hours every time a change was required was
just a waste of time when the now spare 1:45 can be spent on
documentation, debugging, testing, coding, or perhaps spending some time
with the family.

Having said all that.. if we have to change portal, design or methods on
the website again at some point to make it the best site possible for
Scribus and the users, then we will do so until we find the best balance
possible. Its all about time to spend on this project and getting
opinions from people out there to put into action.

best regards
Craig