[Scribus] Compilation problem - Slack

Jacek Kijewski jacek
Tue Aug 26 21:39:41 CEST 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, tom jakabfy wrote:

> On Monday 25 August 2003 4:28 am, Jacek Kijewski wrote:
> Hey Jacek:
> I used Slackware 9.0 and finally got Scribus to compile after some upgrades to
> the library of Qt.
> After that it worked for most functions except for Text editing. No characters
> appeared when editing text boxes.
>  The group could NOT solve this problem and I switched to Mandrake 9.1 (which
> worked very well).

OK, I solved the problem, while upgrading freetype and fontconfig the
libraries were updated, but headers not. Don't ask me, why. I checked
every library, file by file and finally scribus compiled with no problem.

I have updated Qt (earlier, I installed on Slack 8 version from Slack 9),
fontconfig, freetype, autoconf, automake.

Everything works ok, Polish metrics as well (earlier did not), also
editing works.

I have some notices, but I think this topic has expired ;)

> Also I was NOT happy with the fonts that I had with Slackware,
> I don't want to discourage you from using Slackware, but Scribus does NOT seem
> to like it.

The fonts are matter of fontconfig and eventually freetype. It doesn't
matter, Slack or sth. You should find and install fonts.

--
***********Jacek Kijewski, jacek at sail-ho.pl z odwiecznym (since 1995) mottem: *
"Kazda  dostatecznie rozwinieta technologia niczym