[Scribus] color correction

Christoph Rudorff christoph.rudorff
Sun Aug 24 19:17:42 CEST 2003

Hello!

Question about color correction.

Got a lot of experience with CorelDraw.
I got a color reference book of my printing company. If I want a special
fancy color, I can look it up in the book, enter the CMYK receipt, and
it will print out like this.

1. make new scribus document
2. doesn't matter, if cms is enabled or not
3. define 2 new colors:
blackK = 0/0/0/100% CMYK
blackCMY = 100/100/100/0% CMYK
4. draw 2 rect. and fill with the two new colors
(note, the two blacks look equal on screen, but with enabled cms there
should be a noteable difference between them! Try this with Corel or
Photoshop!)
5. print/print color separations to file
6. view this file with gv

mh, the blackCMY was converted to 0/0/0/100 !

To my mind, this is not correct. The cms should only correct for the
display, and correct RGB for printing.
CMYK Objects should not be touched, only if color coverage is more then
280% because otherwise this will glue and stuck the paper in a offset
printing machine :=)
In Corel this is an extra option which has to be enabled.

Now who is responsible for this? A printed color reference is the best
preview u can get. But it does not help if something mixed it up again
:-(

Any ideas how to handle this?

chris

ps: can anyone verify this with placing CMYK bitmaps in scribus? I dont
have some right now ...