[Fwd: Re: [Scribus] Newbie font-question]

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Fri Aug 22 17:26:36 CEST 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:48:10 +0200,
Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

[...]

> After renaming the font, rerunning ttmkfdir, rebooting, the font still
> works perfectly
>  in KDE, eg Kword, and in KDE windows themselves.. but not in Scribus.
>  Any more ideas?

hi,

had a somewhat similar problem under mandrake (from versions 8.2 upto
9.1). there's a set of fonts installed by default in mandrake under
/usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives. though this directory had
fonts.scale and fonts.dir files, scribus was not picking them up, though
they were available for all other applications under kde. what i did
helped me get those fonts for scribus though i am not sure if they would
help you:

1) delete the default fonts.scale and fonts.dir

2) ttmkfdir -m 50 -o fonts.scale

(- m 50 for max # of missing characters per encoding)

3) mkfontdir

since in my case /usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives was already in the
font path i didn't have to run chkfontpath. but if you are adding a new
font directory, you should also additionally run:

4) chkfontpath --add /path/to/your/new/font/directory

regards, subash.