[Scribus] Re: Scribus Nachrichtensammlung, Band 6, Eintrag 31

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Fri Aug 22 00:52:38 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 17:00, Lee McLain wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:00:04 +0200 (CEST), <scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> I still can't compile Scribus on my RH9 system.  I tried to change
> >> the env for QTDIR and when I did a "env | grep QTDIR" it came up QT
> >> 3.1 so now I REALLY have no idea why it won't compile!  Any help?
>
> > Are you compiling from source and if not do you have the qt-devel
> > package installed?
> 	I am compiling from source and I have all of the packages that are needed.  I made sure of it.  After I couldn't get it to compile, I was told to make sure that the QTDIR env was set and I did that...still no luck.  I am really stumped!  I don't know what else to try(still learning the finer points of the OS) and I don't know what else to say, other than I really appreciate all the help!
>
> > The instructions from source are pretty clear, you need to change
> > .bashrc either locally or globally. For the rpm, it should do it for
> > you.
> 	When I got the source files, there weren't any RPMs available, are there now?  And if so, where?

http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/scribus-1.0-0.fdr.3.rh90.i386.rpm

I have looked at the rpm spec files and they are very well done. Note
the install goes into /usr/lib/scribus instead of
/usr/local/lib/scribus/

This is just to make you aware of the difference when your read the
docs.

There is also no updated version of the scripter for 1.0.  The 0.4
version will not work with Scribus 1.0+

This package includes the complete set of english docs and samples as
well.

Peter