[Scribus] Command line & picture in text block

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Aug 21 17:44:56 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 06:48, michal at plovarna.cz wrote:
> Hello.
> I ask for this several days ago, but without reply:
> Is it possible to generate PDF documents by Scribus via command line? I
> would like dynamically generate Scribus XML files and then pass it through
> Sci bus app, so I get nice PDF...

Not via command line interface. You might be able to accomplish the same
thing with the Python scripter plug-in, which exposes almost all the
commands available in Scribus., depending on the content.

> And second question is: Is it possible to put image INTO text block, so it
> will move together with text? (For example I have 3 lines of text,
> picture, 3 line of text in text block; then I increase size of first 3
> line, so I get for example 5 lines, and picture below will move down...).

That is known as in line graphics. This is more typical the way word
processors work. But you can group an image and text and move them
together.

Hope that helps,
Peter