[Scribus] Newbie font-question

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Aug 20 06:18:12 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 11:50, Ralf H?ling wrote:
> <snip>

> but I'm no hacker and no geek, so is there any documentation about
> font-management in *nix and X11, so that the fonts will be usable in
> Scribus?
> Where is the directory with fonts.scale and fonts.dir?

In each directory where you have installed fonts in X11, there should be
a fonts.dir and fonts.scale - if they are scalable, which Type and TT
fonts are,  file in each of those directories. They are text files which
list the names and encodings of the fonts.

To clarify, only the font extension needs to be in lower case, thus
SOMEFONT.ttf is OK in XFree86. Utopia Regular, a Type 1 font is named
UTRG____.pfa for example.

Regards,
Peter