[Scribus] Font problems

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Tue Aug 19 07:13:20 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 07:04, Kobus Wolvaardt wrote:
> My ?, ?, ?, ?'s does not display correctly(? comes out as ?<<). What can
> I do?

Which fonts? Which version of Qt and Mandrake ?

> Pdf export works correctly but kghostview cannot open it, xpdf
> downscales the printing from a3 to a4. And acrobat 5 does not want to
> install on my mandrake. Please help me.

kghostview depends on ghostscript. There are some updates to ghostscript
for Mandrake, which may help. Please remember, Scribus uses many PDF 1.4
and PS3 postscript operators, which only the latest versions of
Ghostscript support.

If you go to http://norlug.org/~chipster/index.pxml?rpms or
http://rpmseek.net

You can search there for acrobat reader in RPM form.

Hope that helps,
Peter