[Scribus] Problem with line breaks

Neil Brown neilb
Thu Aug 7 08:23:28 CEST 2003

On Tuesday August 5, herbert at graeber-clan.de wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I have compiled scribus for SuSE 8.2, updated with SuSE KDE 3.1.3 and
> QT 3.1.2 RPMs. At first sight it just works fine.
>
> But after playing around with it I discovered that scribus has
> Problems with line breaks when changeing the font size. The font size
> defaults to 12pt. When changing this to 36pt for example, the line
> distances doesn't change, so two consecutive lines overlap.
>
> What's the problem here? (I am using truetype fonts)

I had this problem too.
It seems that the linespacing isn't changed when you change font size,
But you can change it manually.
Use  Tools -> Show Measurements
to get a dialog box.
Select "text" from the 6 options at the top.

Select the text you want to change the line spacing for, and then
enter a new line spacing in the dialog box.

NeilBrown