[Scribus] More Questions

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Wed Aug 6 17:04:29 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 23:49, s2003170 at tuks.co.za wrote:
> What hardware would you suggest? I was thinking Nforce 2 with dual vga onboard,
> with 2700 athlone and 256,512 or 1024 Meg ram.

If you've got an old Pentium II or III lying about, you very likely can
get by just fine by upgrading the video card. As in all things DTP and
graphics, though, the more RAM and hard drive space, the better. If you
have a capable machine that can simply have one or two parts upgraded,
you may as well use that. A really nice video card will set you back
almost as much as a new COTS system, older RAM types are dirt cheap and
hard drives are going for less than a dollar (US) per GB. There's no
sense in adding all the other components to that expense.