[Scribus] suggestions

Henning Schröder scribus
Wed Aug 6 05:49:33 CEST 2003

Hi!

> according to all the import-filter-wishes (quark, pagemaker, indesign) i would
> like to add corel-draw and adobe-illustrator-files and
> macromedia-freehand-files to those, which are also worth to think about as
> well....

We should be more realistic. Layout filters are very hard to implement and
will probably never fully work as expexted. For verctor graphics a good
start would be SVG and WMF import.
Really necessary are filters to import text content with support for simple
formating (bold, fontsize, color, alignment etc).
I will soon release a small filter using the script plugin for html, rtf and
some other formats.

Henning