[Scribus] New doc page for wine and Scribus / Scribus PDF quality

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Sat Apr 26 15:40:34 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 03:58, Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2003 23:36:30 -0400
> Peter Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have added a page for using wine, most specifically for running full
> > Acrobat for testing Scribus PDF files with PDF inspektor.
> >
> > http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/wine.html
> >
> > BTW, the PDF/x-3 files exported from Scribus pass 100% reliably with the
> > settings enabled in Scribus.
>

> Hi Peter,
>
> isn't there also a linux version of Acrobat?

Yes, and there is a separate page in the current docs and online:
http://www.atlantictechsolutions.com/scribusdocs/acroreader.html

> Maybe the PDF inspektor runs only on windows,

Correct :( and actually only with the full version of Acrobat which has
PDF editing capability. PDF Inspektor does not run with the free Acro
Reader.

>  but I found that the linux acrobat version always shared
> the same problems as the windows version, which was good since I could
> then simulate the problems the press-release person had with the pdf docs
> from scribus.

Typically the case, but I find color rendering sometimes more accurate
on Windows than Linux. V 4.05 had lots of color related bugs..

> Franky

Peter
--
Peter Linnell <scribusdocs at atlantictechsolutions.com>