[Scribus] display issue

Subash Jeyan nsjeyan
Sat Apr 26 15:02:49 CEST 2003

On 26 Apr 2003 10:30:41 +0100
Paul <paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:

> > > when run for the first time from the console, i get the following
> > > error message:
> > >
> > > fcntl: Bad file descriptor
> > > fcntl: Bad file descriptor
> > >
> > > this message doesn't appear on subsequent running of the program.
> > > any hints as to what is going on?

> > I have the same problem on MDK9.1.
>
> I spent a fun couple of hours last night trying to replicate this
> under RH 9 and Slackware 8 but couldn't duplicate it.

thanks, Paul

> Do the two errors occur in the console window at the same time or do
> you do something inbetween them (for instance you click on fonts and
> that generates the fcntl error, click on file and it's fine then click
> on fonts and the error is generated). This will shorten down the
> amount of time spent searching for the bug.

ok, here's the exact sequence. running scribus for the first time from
the console, click on edit-->preferences-->general. after clicking on
"general" and before the general preferences palette comes up, the error
message is displayed on the console, and both the messages come
together. and as soon as you set your preferences and click on the "OK"
button, the anti-aliasing is off. i get the same messages together
again, when i run qtconfig from the console, as peter had suggested.

hope that helps somewhere. if it is of any help, i've been compiling
scribus from 0.8.0 and noticed the same behaviour with every subsequent
version on suse 8 and redhat 8 too.

thanks and regards, subash.