[Scribus] Scribus 0.9.9, a couple of problems (one segfault, one compile error)

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Wed Apr 23 22:47:48 CEST 2003

Hello Erik,

Please see my comments in line:

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 16:00, Erik Inge Bols? wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've just started testing Scribus, but decided to go straight for 0.9.9
> anyway, confident that I could track down most problems. Alas.
>
> Slackware Linux 9
> gcc (GCC) 3.2.2
> Qt Meta Object Compiler version 26 (Qt 3.1.2)
>
> ./configure; make; make install worked just fine.
>
> I've encountered one segfault, easily reproducible:
>
>  * create a text box
>  * Get Text ... insert some text
>  * double click in the text box to edit the contents
>  * position the cursor at the front of the text box, then press and hold
> the delete key - once all the text is gone, another delete keypress causes
> a segfault.

RH 8.0 + updates and self compiled qt 3.1.2  gcc 3.2-7 RH 8

I get the same result.  Repeatable with delete key only. With backspace
key no crash.

With text simply typed into text frame, delete key has no effect nor
crash.

Short term fix do not press the delete key in an empty text box with
imported text. ;)

<snip>

> PS. Are there no way to enter text from Scribus itself? You must make
> separate text files?

Not needed. Create a text frame. Double click in text frame > start
typing.

I am sure Franz will come up with a fix, although it could be Qt
related. Scribus has sometimes in the past had bugs which were in the
end,  surfaced as Qt bugs.

Hope this helps,
Peter