[Scribus] The Bitstream Vera "Final" Fonts are released by Gnome

Peter Linnell scribusdocs
Thu Apr 17 15:04:19 CEST 2003

Hi all,

Some good news. The Bitstream Vera Fonts have been released by Jim
Gettys and Gnome.  http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

Vera is a general purpose family of fonts with an open source friendly
license.  I recommend you read the release notes carefully, as there are
some hints about freetype and fontconfig.

My preliminary testing shows these fonts print *and* display well in
Scribus, better than many TTF. The letter spacing between letters is a
bit wide for my taste, but this can be adjusted with some kerning
adjustment in Scribus with the measurements palette.

Regards,

Peter