[Scribus] Scribus on RH9

Paul F. Johnson paulf.johnson
Wed Apr 9 13:30:52 CEST 2003

Hi,

I did the update from cvs and everthing seems fine.

Under RH 9 (and using the stuff they provide, nothing built from source
etc), Scribus compiles without a problem.

I'm still tackling HTML export from Scribus. Basically, I'm doing it
this way

1. See what fonts and sizes are used on the pages.
2. Create a table map for each page
3. Generate a style sheet (cross ref fonts with standard webbrowser
fonts)
4. Output.

Obviously, 1 and 2 are causing the most problems (though I have a couple
of patches which generates a font list as more fonts are used and maps
them on the fly - they are unstable so can't commit them to cvs). The
biggest problem is the table map - it has to be sensible.

Take the following page layout

+--------+ +-------------------------+ +----+
|        | |                         | |    |
+--------+ |                         |
   +----+  +-------------------------+ |    |
   |    |                              +----+
   |    |
   +----+

How could this be written as a table?

Best I can think of is not very good

+--------+ +-------------------------+ +----+
|        | |                         | |    |

Which is not quite right.

TTFN

Paul