[scribus-dev] odd troubles building 1.7 on Fedora 35

Michael J Gruber mjg at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 27 10:45:13 UTC 2022

Gregory Pittman venit, vidit, dixit 2022-03-26 21:18:28:
> On 3/26/22 15:39, Jean Ghali wrote:
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > OpenSceneGraph is not currently compatible with Qt6, so this dependency
must be excluded from
build by using the -DWANT_NOOSG=1 option at cmake command line.

> Thanks, Jean. It seems to be compiling Ok now. One thing I did find out
in the process, the
that cmake seems to be more strict when you do an out of source build.

>  From what I can see, you need to specify
>
> cmake -S <source dir> -B <build dir> ...
>
> I never specified the build directory before, and it just put the files
into the directory I
was in when I entered the command.

In case all you need is a Fedora build:

I somehow try to keep up with Scribus development at:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mjg/scribus/

The builds are based on a direct svn-to-git conversion of upstream,
possibly with some backports to make older Scribus versions compile on
newer Fedoras (with newer libs).

Arch is restricted to x86_64 for now. spec settings are based on the
original Fedora package but include -DWANT_VERSIONING=YES so that you
can have multiple Scribus versions in parallel. Accordingly, the
packages are named "scribus159", "scribus170" etc. (The two active
branches are built more or less regularly, selected released versions
from time to time for a new Fedora release.)

Cheers
Michael