[scribus-dev] Build .ui files

Gyuris Gellért jobel at ujevangelizacio.hu
Sun Feb 21 20:11:40 UTC 2021

Hi Jean and Craig,

Thanks for your help and suggestion. Double run did not solve the
problem. But finally I found the solution: I deleted the complete build
and install directory and start over the build setup and the problem is
gone... Currently the build process works as expected, there is no need
to make clean build every time. So maybe it it not a cmake bug. Thank
for the help, I can already continue my work on GUI.

Gellért

2021. 02. 21. 12:15 keltezéssel, Craig Bradney írta:
> Hi Gellért
>
> A clean build should pick them up at least, which is a bit annoying to
> have to do every time for sure but will ensure you get it right. From
> the pages Jean links, it looks like a double run of make or the build
> process might pick them up. Best to give that a try.
>
> Also, it looks like you are not running out of source builds. I don’t
> know if that helps at all? If you want to try that, you need to make a
> build directory and run cmake something like this from the build
> directory:
>
> cmake-DWANT_DEBUG=ON \
> -DWANT_SVNVERSION=ON \
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/path/to/install/scribus/ /path/to/Scribus/
>
> Add other options as you see fit.
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
> <https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake> is
> a useful reference.
>
> thanks
> Craig
>

>> On 21 Feb 2021, at 1:46 am, Jean Ghali <jghali at libertysurf.fr
>> <mailto:jghali at libertysurf.fr>> wrote:
>>
>> Le 20/02/2021 à 23:52, Gyuris Gellért a écrit :
>>> Hello Developers,
>>> I'm Gellért Gyuris (bubu) and I need some help regarding building
>>> Scribus. Before Rev 24494 (Remove QT5_WRAP function usage and rely
>>> on autogeneration of ui and moc related files, another step towards
>>> Qt6) I was able to build Scribus normally while modifying the .ui
>>> files. But currently when I change one of the .ui files and build it
>>> the change is not recognized (but .cpp files work).
>>
>> It looks like a bug in cmake. There are several similar issues in
>> their bug tracker:
>> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/16776
>> <https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/16776>
>> https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/17959