[scribus-dev] Scribus requires Qt 5.14 in SVN

Michael J Gruber mjg at fedoraproject.org
Thu Nov 12 17:12:46 UTC 2020

Some additional input:

Qt 5.12 has LTS until 2021-12-05.
Qt 5.14 is supported until 2020-12-12
Qt 5.15 is the next LTS Qt (but very recent).

In Fedora land, the soon to be EOLed Fedora 31 has Qt 5.13 while
Fedora 32 and the recently released Fedora 33 are on Qt 5.14 resp. Qt
5.15.

So I guess 5.12 is a more LT version to build upon (if it has what
scribus needs), and 5.15 the one to aim for for the next release.

But svn devel is svn devel, and I'm happy the bump was after the 1.5.6
release. I don't think an LTS distro is a good match for the devel
version right after release, where things usually turn experimental
and you try to get rid of old cruft.