[scribus-dev] updating PDF importing.

NASA Jeff tallboy258 at gmail.com
Sat May 9 08:12:58 UTC 2020

Inkscapes internal library for importing pdf files (based on POPPLER), now
supports importing text as text as opposed to vectors.

I'd like to have a crack at updating the PDF import in Scribus (which I see
if based on POPPLER and or PODOFO, so that it has comparable features to
Inkscape's PDF import.

Both Inkscape and Scribus are licensed under the GPL so there should be no
licensing issues with doing this integration.

What's the best way to keep in touch with the dev team in case I have any
issues or need to query standard and requirements for Scribus along the way?

Though I'm out of work due to poor health I've just finished off adding SVG
import and export functionality to wick-editor and have worked on a few
development projects over the last year or so as well as having taken a
number of coursera courses to update my programming skills. I previously
have around 15-20 years of experience as a software designer and developer
with my last possession as a technical architect in which I mentored PhDs,
PhD students as well as the rest of the team and was responsible for
training, QA and software design as well as being a team leader.
Open source projects I've worked on in the past include a good period of
working for CodeWeavers and the Wine project where I implemented DirectX 9
3D in the wine project bring DirectX 9 games to Linux.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>