[scribus-dev] pull request for importing pdf text as text, phase 1

NASA Jeff tallboy258 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 07:36:07 UTC 2020

Hi,
I've created a pull request for importing pdf text as text or at least the
basic groundwork that that supports limited importing the text and layout
but has no support for fonts or styles or merging text regions on a second
pass. Currently, only single page import is supported via import vector
file, selecting a pdf document and then selecting the import text as text
option in the UI as opposed to the default import text as vector option. I
think it still needs a once over be ale before I'm confident it's good to
go.

Ale and I have been working on the code base over the last couple of weeks
to get it up to a decent standard, so I hope you find it acceptable without
too many alterations.

*I've also created  a second pull request for some white space
clean-ups and close my original pull request for importing pdf text as
text.I hope this email finds you all well,Olli.*