[scribus-dev] 1.5.6svn and Python3

Owen owen.cook at gmx.com
Sat Nov 2 23:01:34 UTC 2019

> Sent: Saturday, November 02, 2019 at 7:44 AM
> From: "Craig Bradney" <cbradney at scribus.info>
> Subject: Re: [scribus-dev] 1.5.6svn and Python3
>
> Hi Greg
>
> Thats one of the changes in Python 3…
>
> why “fortunately”? python2 is dead. We no longer support it with 1.5.x and future versions.

I am confused. just tried compiling 23312, the cmake found python2.7. I thought it may look for python3.x

On this latest Ubuntu, needed to link everything in /usr/include/python2.7 back to /usr/include, but it failed towards the end, complaining about PyUnicode_AsUTF8

Google led me to believe python3 was needed.

So guess at this stage, my question is, are we meant to be compiling against python3.x and if so why does cmake pickup python2.7

Will have a go on Fedora

Owen