[scribus-dev] python: Pillow?

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Nov 11 09:11:29 UTC 2018

hi doc kattt
> I was just curious if anyone has ever talked about adding the Python
> package "Pillow" to Scribus.  It's a fork of PIL(Python Image
> Library). I was able to import it into the Scribus python by adding
> it's path from a different python to the sys.path list. I was using
> it to do some image stuff.  Maybe I have the right idea of just
> adding it to the path? ;)

i think that installing python packages the way you normally do in
python.

starting adding packages to scribus itself is imo a bad idea...

if one day it will be possible to create more complex workflows with
the scripter, it would probably be nice if scribus could
"automatically" load a virtual environment before running the script.
that way you could install (and document) packages for a single script.

ciao
a.l.e