[scribus-dev] adding linking to pdf links

dockattt katttdoc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 17:36:39 UTC 2018

hi Scribus developers,

I just put up a patch that implements an idea: add the ability to link
objects to PDF links.  I hope this doesn't exist already... ;)

Anyway, so what it does is add some code to the pdflib_core file.  It
looks for an attribute called "ltarget".  If it finds it the code looks
for the Object in the document that has a name that is the attribute's
value.  If found it calculates the objects position in the document and
uses that position for the link.  I hope that makes sense.

I've had luck testing the idea so far.  The pdf I've been generating
uses the "ltarget" links and links that don't use it. Both are working.

I thought this might be a good idea as frequently in documents I want
links to jump to a certain object and the documents change often.  This
is supposed to make it easier to alter documents without having to fix
links at the same time.

doc kattt