[scribus-dev] Download source code.

William Bader william.bader at newspapersystems.com
Sun Apr 8 02:34:45 UTC 2018

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 10:05 PM, John Culleton <sales at wexfordpress.com>
wrote:

> That works! Thanks much. But I am having trouble with fulfilling the list
> of requirements on my Slackware partition. Can you recommend a linux distro
> that has all or most of them, or else has an easy way to download them? Qt5
> is a bear to install on Slackware. It takes a day to compile and then it
> doesn't 'work.
> Regards
> John

I have been building Scribus on Fedora 27 x86_64 without problems. All of
the requirements (at least as of the last build that I did two months ago)
are in the Fedora repository.
The page https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake
has sections for a number Linux distributions with commands that you can
cut and paste to install the Scribus dependencies from the distribution's
repository.
The most recent version of any distribution listed on that page is probably
a reasonable choice.
Regards, William Bader, Director of Research and Development at SCS,
http://www.newspapersystems.com