[scribus-dev] a slight (?) modification of scripter command fileDialog()

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Mon Nov 21 15:09:45 UTC 2016

On 21/11/16 15:54, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 11/21/2016 09:30 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>> hi greg

>>> As far as I can see, you can multiply select from Get Image... but not
>>> from fileDialog() in Scripter.
>>

>> yes, that is what i wanted to tell you.
>> why don't you simply use "get image" from the UI?
>>
>> of course, one should be able to set the path when calling the
>> fileDialog() from the scripter.
>> and if it's not possible, it would be a welcome addition.
>>
>> but if i understood your mail correctly, your script seems to
>> re-implement the same behavior as the normal "get image"...
>>
> To some extent, we could say this of all scripts. Why make a script to
> create pages, make frames, load content, when you can to this from the
> UI? Maybe we don't need Scripter at all. DirectImageImport might
> therefore be the dumbest script of all.
>
> There are some control features, like resizing, that the script does,
> and besides, many of the scripts that I write are meant to be
> illustrations of combining features for particular purposes, and showing
> the necessary syntax. They aren't necessarily the final result an
> individual might want. When I started this question, I was mainly
> wondering why fileDialog() is such a crippled thing.

greg, i just wanted to hint that the feature you're implementing, might
already be in scribus.

and i agreed from the beginning that fileDialog() should have the path
as an optional parameter.

(even if i don't really care which default is chosen, since depending on
what i'm doing i normal wish the default would be another one...)

peace and love
a.l.e