[scribus-dev] a slight (?) modification of scripter command fileDialog()

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Nov 21 14:54:09 UTC 2016

On 11/21/2016 09:30 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi greg
>
> On 21/11/16 15:19, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 11/21/2016 03:31 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>>> hi greg

>>> that's true in 1.4 but not in 1.5 ...
>>>
>> As far as I can see, you can multiply select from Get Image... but not
>> from fileDialog() in Scripter.
>

> yes, that is what i wanted to tell you.
> why don't you simply use "get image" from the UI?
>
> of course, one should be able to set the path when calling the
> fileDialog() from the scripter.
> and if it's not possible, it would be a welcome addition.
>
> but if i understood your mail correctly, your script seems to
> re-implement the same behavior as the normal "get image"...

To some extent, we could say this of all scripts. Why make a script to
create pages, make frames, load content, when you can to this from the
UI? Maybe we don't need Scripter at all. DirectImageImport might
therefore be the dumbest script of all.

There are some control features, like resizing, that the script does,
and besides, many of the scripts that I write are meant to be
illustrations of combining features for particular purposes, and showing
the necessary syntax. They aren't necessarily the final result an
individual might want. When I started this question, I was mainly
wondering why fileDialog() is such a crippled thing.