[scribus-dev] FormatXML

Juraj Fedel wtxnh-scribus at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 10 10:18:22 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 09:06:47AM +0100, rob.dixon at erros.co.uk wrote:
> I wish to import XML into Scribus.
> I have tried to create a Python script FormatXML, taken from
> the page https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Formatxml

The script on wikipage is somewhat outdated, probably written for older
version of scibus scripter. I have made minimal changes I could for
script to run on current 1.5.2-svn version of scribus.

After runing the script with sample xml from wikipage I noticed that
sla:override attribute does not work as I would expect. In sample xml it
should apply font override only to word 'consectetur'. Instead it is
applied to the rest of current paragraph too. Me not being good at
parsing xml document will leave to somebody else to fix this behavior.

Bye
Juraj Fedel