[scribus-dev] Is it possible to improve in applying font and style in direct way?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 22 14:10:43 UTC 2016

On 03/21/2016 10:58 PM, William Bader wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 05:01:20 +0900
> From: atasas at gmail.com
> To: scribus-dev at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: [scribus-dev] Is it possible to improve in applying font and
> style in direct way?
>
> Dear Sir,
>
> I am a Korean and a developer of pulgins|scripts|COM for Indesign and
> QuerkXpress.
> A government man asked me whether I propose DTP application to replace
> Adobe Indesign. I have tested Scribus but found the most critical short
> point is the way changing and applying fonts and styles on paragraphs.
>
> The government man is saying that if it is possible they are willing to
> support
> the development team financially and facility.
>
> So would you please let me know belows?
>
> (1) Is it possible improve the way changing fonts and styles in direct way?
>
> (2) If possible, how many developers and how long would be needed for that
> project?
>
> They are saying they do not have enough budget for Adobe's new charging
> policy.
> And also I, as being a korean, hope I can help a problem of my country.
>
> Any kind of comments will be appreciated.
> Here is my mail and phone numbers. (my english is not good but possible slow
> speaking)
> atasas at gmail.com <mailto:atasas at gmail.com>, 82-10-2262-6000, 82-70-7152-5200
>
> I am living in Seoul and I can visit you if needed.
>
> Thanks for reading and hope positive responses.

I hope the author has subscribed to the Scribus-dev list; this would be
a good start.
There is no barrier to anyone getting involved with Scribus. The
starting point is typically getting a look at the code and getting a
sense of how it works.
What we are always open to are proposals on how to make some process
better, whether it's more efficient code or an idea on how some new
method might work from the users perspective, such as more easily
changing fonts and styles.
If there are coders available, this may work even better.

You might start out by making some suggestions about some changes that
would be useful, so the development team has some idea of where you
would like to go with this. We can always use help in the area of CJK fonts.