[scribus-dev] Request: List of all mouse+key combos that help speed up workflow

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Mar 16 00:47:03 UTC 2016

On 03/15/2016 07:39 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 15/03/2016 22:07, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
>>> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Keyboard_Shortcuts_by_Key
>>> - E :     Edit Contents (text in a text frame, or image location in an
>>> image frame)
>>> - Control-Y : Edit with Story Editor
>>> - T : Insert Text Frame
>
>> These work Ok for me in 1.4.6 and 1.5.1, except that opening Story
>> Editor is now Ctrl-T (which makes more sense intuitively).
>
> Oh. Maybe this could be written there as a 1.5 side note.
>
> As you mention it later these shortcut should be shown in the menus or
> hints,
> but I dont see any kbd shortcut reminder in the menus nor in the buttons
> hints
> for these basic actions.
>
> In the 'Insert' main menu, there is absolutely no keyboard shortcut shown
> (but fyi some do appear in the 'Insert > Glyph' submenu).
>
> And there is no shortcut shown as (E) or (T) in the hint that hover
> over "create text frame" or "edit as story" buttons.
> But there are some for "Undo (CTRL+Z)", "Create PDF (CTRL+SHIFT+P)"
> for example, which do work well.
>
> This is both on 1.5.0 and 1.5.2svn on Ubuntu 14.04

Hmm. My 1.5.2svn (Fedora23) shows the keyboard shortcut for most of the
toolbar icons.

Exceptions:
Arc
Spiral
Calligraphic Line
Measurements
Copy Item Properties
Barcode
PDF Push Button
PDF Check Box
PDF Radio Button
PDF Text Field
PDF Combo Box
PDF List Box
Text Annotation
Link Annotation
3D Annotation
Edit in Preview Mode

I thought it might be a language issue, but when I check French and
German, these have the shortcuts too.
So it's a puzzle.