[scribus-dev] Request: List of all mouse+key combos that help speed up workflow

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 15 21:07:32 UTC 2016

On 03/15/2016 12:31 PM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 14/03/2016 18:12, Scribus User a écrit :
>> List of mouse+key combos
>
> To start with, i read on
> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Keyboard_Shortcuts_by_Key
> that
> - E :     Edit Contents (text in a text frame, or image location in an
> image frame)
> - Control-Y : Edit with Story Editor
> - T : Insert Text Frame

These work Ok for me in 1.4.6 and 1.5.1, except that opening Story
Editor is now Ctrl-T (which makes more sense intuitively).

The 'E' and 'T' are just from using these keys, i.e., not Shift-E or
Shift-T. Of course, the 'E' and Ctrl-T only work when you have a frame
selected.

Personally, it may be helpful to have a short list of commonly used
things like the various frames and common work on frames, but beyond
that, it's mainly worth pointing out to users that the keyboard
shortcuts show in the tooltip when possible, and also there is a list in
Preferences that you can edit to your liking, where you can also see
what operations have no default keyboard shortcut.