[scribus-dev] Scribus CTL

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Sun Mar 6 21:17:16 UTC 2016

> On 04 Mar 2016, at 10:41, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 06:37:37PM -0600, Scribus User wrote:

>>> Also it would be really appreciated if people started testing the work
>>> and reported any issues they find, so we can fix them early on.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Khaled
>>>

>> One of the issues for testers is building scribus. Lets make it easy by
>> providing nightly builds for them to download.
>> Can we offer nightlies of 'boxes' branch for Linux, Windows, OSX ?
>
> I’ve no much experience with building such nighties, but I think there
> is a way to make TravisCI upload the build results somewhere though I
> haven’t tried that before. This will not help with Windows case, but we
> didn’t even attempt to do a Scribus Windows build before and I don’t
> think we have the infrastructure for that.

We do not need nightlies, we need an estimate of a final build from the boxes tree (i.e. once Khaled says “its done”) and then documents to compare to like I mention in my other email.

We only need a few pairs of eyes to make comparisons, and a few informed minds about whether to accept any differences or not.